Monday, April 19, 2010

Kimber Elizabeth Robson







Kimber was born April 7, 2010 at 1:05am. She weighed 6lbs, 11oz, 19 inches long. I was induced on the April 6th and after 15 hours of labor she finally arrived.

My labor was actually quite fabulous, I was a little nervous to be induced because everyone said that the pitocin makes your contractions stronger, and since I have never experienced labor before it kinda scared me. I didn't think it was that bad at all. I waited to get my epidural until I was about 5cm and after I had the drugs I was in heaven! Bless you epidural! I dialated from a 5 to a 8 in about an hour and then to a 10 and hour later. My lovely nurse let me sleep an hour before I started pushing which was nice...bless his heart too. Yes, HIS heart, I was so embarrased to have a male nurse when he first walked in, but he was my favorite nurse I had that day and he helped so much. I was hoping to have her before midnight so she could share a birthday with the Savior and the Church but she wasn't quite ready to come before midnight. :)

Kimber is a great baby. She eats like a pig, she sleeps almost all night and is awake most of the day with some naps here and there. I really don't think I know of a newborn who is awake as much as her, luckily she just chills though. She does have a fussy time of day. It hits at 7pm on the dot and lasts for about 2 hours. Her tummy hurts during that time. I have her on gripe water and that seems to help.

She has a fun personality and smiles a lot in her sleep. I like to watch her. I think she looks like Randy, but sometimes I think she does faces that look like me. She is beautiful! We love our baby girl and we are so happy she is here!








7 comments:

  1. I am SO HAPPY for you guys! She is just precious and good for you for the nice and 'easy' labor. No fair! My first baby was pure hell! Anyway, she is just so beautiful! Congrats! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She is so beautiful. Aren't epidurals the best?! It's always good to have a nice nurse, especially right before the baby comes. I had a terrible nurse take her shift right before I had to push. She didn't encourage me at all. She just wanted me to have an emergency C-section. Seriously (I showed her!). So I would take a nice male nurse over a non caring female one anytime.
    Anyways, I'm so happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! She is just to dang cute! And the pictures are amazing....i am glad you had an epidural...the pit is horrible if you have to do it without the epidural, i have done it like every way now and i have to say epidurals are worth every penny! I hope you are doing good and recovering really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute!! I love the pictures. She's such a pretty baby! Glad to hear you are doing good and recovery nicely. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Those are some ADORABLE pictures of Kimber! She is absolutely beautiful! Glad to hear she's such a good baby! I can't wait to meet her (maybe while Tiff's down for Nat's wedding?!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the pictures turned out! She is such a cutie baby!!!! I love her.

    ReplyDelete